The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
— Alice Walker
Here are some of the things I can provide for you, as my client…
- One to two in-person prenatal visits to get to know each other & discuss your birth desires, concerns, and plans.
- 24/7 on-call doula support for your birth beginning at hire and continuing through post partum. This can be for support, reassurance, or just needing some guidance or a listening ear.
- Non judgmental, evidence- based education on interventions.
- General birth education and preparation.
- Birth planning – includes assistance with a birth plan if desired.
- Discussing previous births and how they went, working through any remaining trauma or concerns.
- Utilize Spinning Babies, Miles Circuit, and other techniques for optimal positioning of baby.
- Suggestions to help ease discomfort and for a more effective labor.
- Physical support during labor to help with positions, comfort, and pain relief.
- Constant reassurance for both the birthing person and their partner before, during and after labor.
- Assisting you in creating your most ideal birth space with music, candles, lighting, sound, and more..and then protecting this during the birthing process.
- Being there to assist you when discussing your preferences during birth.
- Support after birth for up to two hours to help with feeding, bonding and getting settled.
- One to two postpartum visits within two weeks of birth to make sure feeding and bonding are going well, to discuss your birth, and to answer any questions or provide resources.
How does the process look? I’m glad you asked!